Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Going solo

Well readers, this blog is about to take an interesting turn because there is news: Cris is no longer coming with me to Mexico. We're not going to go on about why, how this makes me feel or anything too personal. But let's mention that it's quite last minute and that I could have done my planning differently, knowing I was going alone... For instance, the necessity to be in Cancun on the 8th no longer stands, yet I've booked hostels around there (the day before the day after, etc.) ALSO, I may have booked some hostels for 2 and only be 1. I wasn't looking to see if they were refundable.


So, now what? Well! I will probably stay a bit longer in Mexico City, with Luis and chill out there. Then there's my colleague's friend in Guanajuato. (pictured) Apparently, we can go see volcanoes and run up in the moutains. But see how everything changes now? I'm going to always need a guide cause I can't go alone up in the mountains I don't know! And that's what I want to do. So from now on, I'm going to have to go look for guides or other travelers. And they are going to have to be people I can trust. Needless to say, I'm going to have to get a wedding band and possibly dye my hair temporarily brown? Which means brown hair in my pics... WHAT?

So what does traveling alone mean? I've done it before, I've been to Turkey for a week (pics). I was mainly alone in Italy all that summer (pics) (blog). No biggie. Heh. I'll miss my sweetheart though. Tons and tons. My good friend Natalia tuned me in to some solo travel sites. The main challenge is to stimulate people to want to go out and travel on their own, which isin't really something I need because I know the upsides of it and I'm not lame, I'm a very adaptable and resourseful. And so I just gotta get by butt back into gear for this project and turn it into what I want!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment